Wednesday 25 April 2012

Introduction to the poker bookshelf

Hello, and welcome to the poker bookshelf 

There are hundreds of books on poker covering different forms of the game and different approaches to becoming a successful player, or at least a competent player. While there are a range of training options, from online videos to personnel coaching, for many of us reading books will be the one of the most useful tools in improving and developing in the game of poker. Of course you also need to play a lot of poker as well. Many, me included, will also find reading about poker interesting and enjoyable in itself. In my blog I'm happy to share my thoughts on poker books I read, enjoyed and learnt from. I'd also welcome you sharing your views on these books and those I've yet to read.

About the blog

I've read quite a few poker books over the last few years and have a large number of these books on my poker bookshelf. No doubt I'll buy more reading material in due course and I currently have my eye on a few new books which are likely to be my next purchases.  Initially in this blog I'm planning to take a look back at books I've previously read. As I work through the books on my shelves I'll also share my thoughts on books I'm thinking of buying as well as letting you know what they are like if I make a purchase.

Hopefully you will find my blog useful. If you have read the books I review let me know your thoughts as well, whether you agree with me or not, let me know what you think. If you have not read the books I mention some of them are certainly worth a look. Hopefully you will enjoy reading them, as I have, and hopefully you will see some benefits in improvement to your poker game.

No comments:

Post a Comment